In Gloucestershire we strive to make sure your naming ceremony is a unique and memorable experience.
The naming ceremony is designed to meet the individual needs of the family and provide a dignified and formal opportunity to:
- celebrate the birth and welcome your child into the family and wider community
- announce the names that you have chosen and, if desired, explain the reasons behind the choice
- make promises of commitment to nurture and support your child into adult life
- choose other adults prepared to promise a special supportive relationship to your child
- naming ceremonies aren't just for babies though, you can welcome a child of any age into a family either through adoption or marriage
- a naming ceremony can make a lovely addition to your civil ceremony; please contact us for further details
A naming ceremony does not carry any legal status and cannot contain any religious referenceCeremonies can be held at a registration office or at any of the approved venues in Gloucestershire.
For more information please contact our ceremonies team at email@example.com or 01452 425060 (option 3).