Bear of Rodborough Hotel
The Bear of Rodborough near Stroud is perched neatly on top of Rodborough Common, with endless views over the surrounding Cotswold countryside and a herd of free-roaming cows for neighbours! The Bear is well-known and loved for its charming quirks - from the pair of friendly stuffed bears in Reception to the new Pavilion Garden Bar which boasts retro slushy and popcorn machines, table tennis and table football! Couples can choose from a collection of rooms and lovely marquee to host their big day at this wedding venue to remember.
Dating back to the 17th Century, this former coaching inn has endless character with original stone archways and roaring log fires, not to mention the pair of friendly stuffed bears in Reception. The hotel shares its home on Rodborough Common with some special grazing locals… a herd of free-roaming Belted Galloway cows! They are often caught peering in through the windows, so we hope you don’t mind a few extra guests at your big day…
At The Bear there are a wonderful collection of rooms from which to host your wedding day, ideal for small, intimate weddings or bigger occasions! There are also 46 cosy, country bedrooms for your guests to stay the night. Combine all of this with great food, fizz and an enthusiastic team, and you’re sure to create the big day of your dreams.
Receptions for up to 90 people
A collection of rooms for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and a good party
Experienced wedding coordinator
46 country bedrooms (no need for carriages at midnight!)
Delicious menus, carefully tailored to suit you
Exclusive Use Weddings available
Dog friendly wedding venue
Wedding Package Details:
Weddings at The Bear of Rodborough from just £2,500* during Winter or from £2,900* during Summer.
Offer is valid on selected dates in 2019.
• A glass of Pimm’s or Mulled Wine (during Winter) with crisps & olives on arrival or following your ceremony
• 3 course Wedding Breakfast followed by tea or coffee
• Half a bottle of wine per person during the wedding breakfast
• A glass of sparkling wine for the toast
• Sausage and bacon rolls during the evening celebrations
• Disco until midnight
• Bridal Suite for the night of your wedding
• Room hire of the Terrace Room for your ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening celebrations
• Discounted room rates for all of your guests wishing to stay
• Complimentary menu tasting to help you select your wedding breakfast menu
• Personalised wedding breakfast menus
• Use of cake stand and knife
• Use of table name holders
• Use of our red carpet for your ceremony
• Dedicated wedding coordinator to help you plan your day
*Based on 40 guests attending the entire wedding. Additional guests £65 per person. Saturday supplement of £250.
For more information or to discuss available dates, please contact:
The Tower Room (26)
The Terrace Room (60)
The Library Restaurant (90)
- Licensed outside structure (e.g. marquees)
- Accommodation on site
- Exclusive use venue
- Own grounds
- Disabled access